Questions About Books & Reading #3 | Bookmas Day Sixteen
27. Favourite reading snack?
A hot chocolate.
28. Name a case in which the hype ruined your reading experience.
I can't think of one, which is a good thing! Feeling disappointed in a book is not good, and feeling that way when hype has made it seem incredible must make it so much worse.
29. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
It depends on the critic. Some of them I disagree with almost all of the time, and some I agree with almost all of the time. Just goes to show how differently we can approach books.
30. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
Usually for every negative there's a positive. A negative for me might be a positive for someone else. I think that reviews always need to be honest & balanced because that's how other readers decide if they want to pick that book up or not.
31. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
All of them!
32. Favourite poet?
Allen Ginsberg. Although if you asked me again in a few months there's a good chance my answer might be different. I change my mind all the time.
33. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
I don't have a local library, but when I was younger I used to check out about 10 books at a time...
34. How often have you returned books to the library unread?
...and I would always manage to read them all, somehow!
35. Favourite fictional character?
There are a handful that spring to mind but I have to stick with the first fictional character I ever identified with - Hermione Granger.
36. Favourite fictional villain?
O'Brien from Nineteen Eighty-Four is incredibly creepy. Or Bellatrix, she's fabulously evil!
37. The longest you've gone without reading?
There was a period of time as a teenager that I now refer to as 'my lost reading years'!
38. Name a book that you couldn't/wouldn't finish.
I may have skimmed parts of Little Women. I still liked it though!